Solvay's 2016 Summer Internship Program is designed with an emphasis on professional development through hands-on assignments. Summer Interns will find a challenging and rewarding business experience in a variety of areas all while acquiring an overview of our organization.
Strategically, we are focusing on sustainable development and geographic expansion to meet the growing global demand for clean technologies and energy.
- Perform field equipment audits to update functional locations and equipment BOMs through the CMSS (SAP)
- Update rotating equipment hierarchy, and build machines, within OneProd cloud system and assist maintenance in rotating equipment diagnostics (vibration analysis)
- Initiate and complete preliminary engineering for small, short duration projects
- Assist with technical calculations on maintenance reliability projects.
- Develop maintenance safe job procedures (SJPs)
- Use feedback from maintenance employees to improve PM work orders
- Involved in daily operation and safety initiatives.
- Electrical or Mechanical engineering student with at least 2 years of education
- Previous working experience in an industrial environment
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills